The Governors and staff of Warden House Primary School take seriously our responsibility to promote the welfare and safeguarding of all children entrusted to our care.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) have overall responsibility for child protection practice in school. Our DSLs are: Rob Hackett (Headteacher), supported by Adam Atkinson (Deputy Headteacher), Rebecca Brady (Family Liaison Officer) and Zoe Alldis (SENCo)
- As part of the ethos of the school we are committed to:
- Maintaining children’s welfare as our paramount concern
- Being an important part of the wider safeguarding community system for children
- Providing an environment in which children feel safe, secure, valued and respected; confident to talk openly and sure of being listened to
- Providing suitable support and guidance so that pupils have a range of appropriate adults who they feel confident to approach if they are in difficulties
- Using the curriculum to provide opportunities for increasing self-awareness, self-esteem, assertiveness and decision making so that students have a range of contacts and strategies to ensure their own protection and understand the importance of protecting others
- Working with parents to build an understanding of the school’s responsibility to ensure the welfare of all children including the need for referral to other agencies in some situations
- Ensuring all staff and volunteers are able to recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and are aware of the school’s procedures and lines of communication
- Monitoring children and young people who have been identified as “in need” including the need for protection; keeping confidential records which are stored securely and shared appropriately with other professionals
- Developing effective and supportive liaison with other agencies including Early Help.
If you have a concern about the safety of a child then please contact any of the school Designated Safeguarding Leads straight away. During school hours this can be done by phoning 01304 375040 or emailing email@example.com
NSPCC - Keeping Children Safe
Online Safety - Visit the Online Safety section of our website for further information and advice.
Operation Encompass - A local project to supporting families and children who experience domestic abuse (please talk to our Family Liaison Officer for further information on this initiative)
Think You Know - A brilliant site to support your role as a parent in keeping your child safe online.
Report Abuse - If you are not able to speak to the Designated Safeguarding Lead at the school then you can contact Kent Safeguarding Team Directly here